Friday

TGIF

Friday, my favorite day of the week!! I am trying to relax from my day at work. I just got off the phone with my uncle. I had asked why, after numerous attempts to talk to my cousins and nephew, I have been ignored. My daughter gets along with my nephew, her cousin, but we live a bit far from each other -- about an hour. I have offered to get him and bring him back. Or just do something in his neck of the woods. No, nope, nothing, not even a response. I guess I should take that as a hint? Apparently, my uncle has told me that him and his wife had been going through some marital problems. His wife "apparently" read some of my emails to him and felt that I was his "advisor" and encouraging a divorce. My uncle is years older and much wiser than I. I was trying to be there for him, when his family annihilated him. I told him that I visit with him and a family lawyer if he chose to go to one. I work in a law office, but I am not an attorney, nor do I pretend to be one. But his wife has portrayed to the rest of my family that I am trying to break them up. So my daughter, who has nothing to do with any of this...wants to spend time with her cousin, can't because of some emails that were written between myself and my uncle. Retarded, right? Sad and disappointed. I have at least tried and extended an invitation and if they choose to continue to ignore us, then what else is left? I guess we resume our other activities. What does that teach my own daughter about family life? I hope that she is a devoted person to her family. My family is priority, always. I guess we can't pick who or what our family is, we are just born into a family, supposedly. Life.

No comments: