Saturday

the EXTREME heat

Today was a very HOT day. I went to church with my family with the exception of my husband. He has been working every Saturday because he is trying to make up for my earnings. My church doesn't have air conditioning & it was almost horridly hot. I think that being spiritual helps me get through my rough patches. Sometimes I get angry at God wondering where he is and why isn't he helping me?

I have been officially disqualified from unemployment. Now I am not sure what to do? I got the disability forms in the mail from the Social Security Administration. My husband wants me to apply for disability and I have a hard time accepting it. I heard it is hard to get on disability. I don't know how much work I can really do and be productive.

My family (husband & daughter) has been so wonderful to me. They have been getting my drinks and helping me around the house and also while going out. I have been able to use my wheelchair but other times I don't want to. Both of my arms, wrists & hands hurt badly. I can't lift anything more than a magazine. When I go grocery shopping it is the worse. It is very painful. I usually have to put lidoderm patches.

I do my physical therapy twice a week, in the pool, electrical stimulation and massage. Stretching seems to be the most important key to pain management. I didn't realize how much more it helps to stretch instead of taking another pain pill. I just did another DEXA scan, plus I did the modified berrium testing last week. I guess I should know some results by Monday. I have two appointments and one on Wednesday. Hopefully it turns out okay. My rheumatologist seems to say that my lupus is doing okay. But I know sometimes when I stand too long my knees hurt and turn red.

Well wish me luck in getting disability! I have an appointment in the office in August. Hopefully it won't be such a pain to get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Faith is what gets you through. I have Lupus and the other typical auto immune issues. I am on disability and you are going to learn what works for you and what doesn't. I have done the same things you have and walked a mile in your shoes. Disability doesn't say your not still fighting, it says I admit I have limits. Your not alone and there the right angels around you to help get you through this time. I will pray for you as we truly are a group of Silent Warriors.