Thursday

blessings

As I go through the day today, I feel much better than I did yesterday. This morning I coughed up more yellow mucus balls and guess what? I started to feel much better.

My best friend, her dad had a stroke yesterday . . . she kept putting it off like it was nothing . . . it was more than that . . . I got a text message at 11:30 p.m. saying it is not looking good, they are putting a central i.v. to relieve pressure in the body. He still has not had his MRI done [yet]. This supposed prestigious hospital, a teaching one [at that], isn't time of an essence? He had a stroke? He has been waiting for over 24 hours to get an MRI and his condition is getting worse. I understand that my friend and her family, plus my other best friend that is coming out to visit me [k, I have lost my mind, she is coming next weekend - not this weekend].

A pastor was there to talk to them, while they were grieving, that the fact came up that we might lose my uncle [he is a close family friend - so in our culture, their family]. The pastor spoke how we sometimes tend to forget God when things are going good, but when things are bad, we look to him and lean on him, ask him to heal. Is it a blessing or not? Is this a way to make us realize that the higher power will take care of us? I know it must have been very upsetting for them and their family.

I feel so horrible because I am the only one that is so far away and everyone else is there. I know my friend must be feeling very sad right now, with all her support, I do know how it feels like to be all alone. Speaking of my other best friend, she went thru the same thing nine years ago, but her father is almost like in a vegetative state. He ended up in a hospice care. I don't think I could actually imagine my other uncle like that. He is so motivated and always doing something. Him and Auntie used to take care of Sammie when she was a baby. My other uncle, continues to be in a vegetative state in a hospice care till this day.

Many years have passed since I have last seen my uncle - I couldn't even see him the last time I was in California because we were there so short. I was thinking of flying out this weekend, but I don't know. I am just starting to feel better. I shouldn't push it right? But if this is the last time I might be able to see my uncle coherent, which would be very significant to us. Our families have known each other for over a decade. We are like family - even with no blood relations.

I guess I should count my blessings, things can't be too bad, yes I have LUPUS and it SUCKS, but for the latter [i'm okay]. My daughter and husband, well they have the common cold and should be getting better soon. My sister-in-law flew out to Boston because my younger sister-in-law is graduating from pharmacy school this weekend. I totally forgot. Yes, we are forgetful that way. I should probably remind my husband.

I'm sad - I want to be there for my friend. I know that she would totally be here for me if the circumstances were reversed. I miss her dearly and hope that her family will recover.

No comments: