Monday

I've survived (I think?)


Since it has been a couple of weeks since I have logged on and blogged, I am hoping that I am recouperating well. The party turned out great! Everyone showed up...altho, I do remember it being much easier to control them - and there was only 8 including my daughter! Our rooms connected and we had both doors open at all times.

Wow - I underestimated the food. I got them 4 large pizzas and 1 medium one - gone! The cake [posted above] was amazing, made by one of my co-workers - gone! We had brownies - gone! Cookies, chips, snacks, soda - gone! They didn't sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. I didn't take my sleeping medications because I wanted to be somewhat coherent, just in case.
It was so strange, but I got up at 4ish and talked to two girls (I barely remember), they were on a sofa bed just by the door talking about death, faith & God. It was strange that they were talking about and even more strangely, there was a bible there to refer to. I guess one of the girls had brought it because she had to leave early the next morning for her bible classes. It happened to be a Good News Bible, which is exactly the bible I used growing up. Later, I found out that one of the girls that I was speaking to that early morning - her cousin just committed suicide. I guess her mom told her that if we do commit suicide that we still go to heaven and when God returns he is to destroy earth. I said you have been misconceived. I [think] we looked it up in Revelation. Then the girls went on to tell me things that I have just been totally unaware of...how girls in school cut themselves [and say it feels good] and covers it with bracelets and stuff like that. I had no idea that they did this?? Also, another conversation I had was the others smoked pot. I guess - we had other intentions when I was middle school and it had more to do with the opposite sex then trying to hurt yourself...I guess it seems like the need for attention. I don't totally recall the whole conversation, but was reminded by my daugther. She told me that her friends said they talked to me early in the morning. If I could remember more, I would like to talk to their parents, but would I ruin their confidence in me?


Another issue . . . some boy at school has been basically [almost] harassing my daughter, especially this last week, till the point where she cried. I had to call the school and deal with the principal and the assistant principal. Apparently, he called her a lesbian and started making fun of her. She had chosen to advocate for gay and/or lesbian rights. She had already talked to me and my husband for the last few months and we said that you could believe in whatever you feel strongly and/or passionate about, it's okay, we live in a free country, right? So she was telling her friend at school about her mission to support gay rights, this other little boy was just listening in and starting calling her a lesbian...then in the hallways the same thing, they got pulled aside and talked to by the math teacher and both were asked to think of a punishment they BOTH deserved for talking to each other this way. My daughter felt it unfair because she had not said anything to him. He claimed that she called him "gay", which she said she did not. Of course, I talk to my husband about it...and I said, you should just ignore him. She said she has been ignoring him...this apparently was not the first time this boy has harassed her. She told me a few weeks ago...they were playing a game, she choose to be the color "black". Well, he thought it was funny that she wanted to be "black" and started all these rumors at school that "Sam wants to be black". She ignored that...but I guess this really put her over the edge. Most of my friends...just push it off as the boy liking her...but it really upsetted her that she can't believe in something without judgment. We deal with this a lot because I have Lupus...people don't understand that you don't have to look sick to feel sick and she has experienced this first hand...which btw makes her upset too.

No comments: