Monday

crazy, who me?

OMG, my daughter's bf's mom is totally NUTS. Okay, granted the kids are young, but they like each other enough to be responsible and be honest with us. As much as we might not like the fact that they are 13 and have this boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, we have to deal with it, right? Apparently, according to his mother, NO! She doesn't want them spending any time together. According to her being brought up as not being allowed to date until she went to college. Good luck lady! But they are kids. They act like kids. Their afternoon date was to play at the park, actually playing soccer. We had to run out to Wal-mart at 11:30 at night to buy this sucker because [well] Maxwell ate the other one and we only had a volleyball left. Frankly, I've seen their conversations...and it isn't anything. He seems like a very responsible kid and I totally trust mine. I wouldn't want them to hide it. But it is either leading up to the end or he is going to end up lying to his mother. Even if we are there to supervise them, she does NOT want them to be boyfriend or girlfriend. So we say they are just "friends" - well they hang out as just friends, let's hope that they will be honest with us as friends too. I think that it was more than that...that's why they had to tell us, even though both were scared. My daughter went over to her house so that she [his mother] could supervise them, but still that is not enough. She just does not want to have it at all! I don't know how they plan on stopping them. I am supposed to pick up my daughter after work and probably talk [again]. I'm tired of talking to this lady. I must be up or running for "worst mother of the year" award. I totally snoop through my daughter's stuff and I haven't seen anything that should alarm me. Actually, I am grateful that she was honest enough to tell us about her boyfriend. They are more like pals than anything. They aren't lovey dovey or however you would like to describe it. Was this wrong? My suggestion to my daughter was that he either stand up to his mother or have my daughter move on to greener pastures . . . if they continued to be bf/gf, they might not be able to see each other ever again. If they stayed friends, that might not happen either...since his mom is so against the whole relationship. They could continue to talk on IM if they wanted, but I hate it when my daughter spends all day glued to the computer. I want her to go outside and breathe the fresh air. They have both resulted in becoming homebodies b/c they couldn't call or at least he could not. I think as long as it doesn't get in the way of school or their other priorities that the relationship is fine, plus they are being supervised by either me or his mom . . . but frankly, she said don't feel insulted when I just decline. So I guess there is my answer, right? I'm not sure his dad would feel the same. They are boys. Shouldn't I be more worried since it's my daughter? Apparently, I haven't worried enough.

No comments: