Tuesday

Humane Society...Volunteer?

My daughter loves animals. I always try to encourage giving back to the community. As you already know...we feed the local homeless shelter, but only once a month. We had attended orientation for the local humane society. Saturday, March 15, we had an interview scheduled. For now, she is scheduled to become a kennel assistant. My daughter is 13 years old. She decided on her own that she wanted to do this. This is a huge commitment, not only for her, but for me. Because she is under-age, I have to be with her at all times when she is volunteering at the humane society, in any capacity. This means we signed on for six months, two hours per week. With everything else that is going on in our lives...who knew we could do so much for our community? Here I am, partially incapacitated, generally - my daughter takes care of me, especially when I get confused later in the day. Sometimes she can be so mature and other times, she is just a girl, a teenage one at that.

No comments: