Monday

Dog

Today is my doggy's birthday. I generally get him a special treat from a bakery in Boulder. But today I don't have any plans to drive into Boulder. I am not sure what we will do, but every year I take pictures of my "loved" mutt with his birthday dish. He has already opened his gifts. Who knows if dogs even love those things?? I got him a new doggie bowl, stuffed animal, & a kong kind of thing to wrestle with. He turns 8 today, which means 56 in doggie years. I hope he has many more years left...because I don't know where I would be without him. I never thought I would ever have a dog, but he is almost like my best friend. He is my companion for majority of the day when I am alone and sleeps with us at night. So in reality I am never alone. I may pester him or do silly things to him, but I guess that's how I show my love? Sometimes I wonder what do our dogs think of us? It was silly of me, but one time I did ask about a "dog whisperer" - and have heard strange things about it. They don't even need to see your dog or that it could just be done over the phone, etc. Like fortune telling at a festival.

I have physical therapy today in the pool. That's majority of my exercise so I try to keep up with it at least twice a week. Ideally, it should be three times a week.

No comments: